5,000 Years of Middle East History in 90 Seconds - click here
Then click the Play button
"A Crash Course on the Arab-Israeli Conflict"
Nationhood and Jerusalem:
1. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C., two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel only began identifying themselves as “palestinians” for political reasons in 1967, two decades after the re-establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish national unification in 1272 B.C., the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years, with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the jihadist conquest in 635 lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For more than 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders saw no reason to come to visit
6. Jerusalem is mentioned more than 700 times in the Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned even once in the Qur'an. This is a fact which most muslims don't know and often vehemently deny. (Hand a Qur'an to one and ask him to find it!)
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammad never came to Jerusalem and the Qur’an in no place states that he set foot in that city.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray facing Mecca, with their backsides towards Jerusalem, a change in the Qibla (direction of prayer) ordered by Muhammad himself.
Arab and Jewish Refugees:
9. In 1948 the Arabs became refugees when they were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders who promised to purge the land of Jews. Most left “to clear the future battlefields for the conquering Arab armies” without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
Jews became refugees when they were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution, and pogroms following the establishment of the State of Israel.
10. Israel was established by world consensus: The League of Nations, the United Nations, the US Congress, British Parliament, and many others all confirmed the absolute right of the Jewish Nation to its ancient historic lands. The Arab-muslims derive their “claim” to the territory from sharia, muslim law which states that any land forcibly conquered by jihadists becomes forever islamic.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to have been as many as one million. [Although detailed figures vary, according to the source employed, the magnitudes are not seriously disputed.]
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, Arab-muslims constitute the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than a county in California.
Today, Jewish refugees from Arab lands and their descendants make up approximately half of Israel's Jewish population.
The Arab - Israeli Conflict:
13. Even without a new state called palestine, the Arabs are represented by 21 separate nations. There are 57 muslim nations. There is only one Jewish nation.
14. The Arab nations have initiated five wars of aggression against Israel and lost. Israel has defended itself each time and won.
15. Although Israel has given the Arab-muslims control of Gaza and with most of Judea and Samaria under the governance of the Palestinian Authority, the P.L.O. and Hamas Charters still call for the destruction of the State of Israel -- which is the real reason for the jihadist and military activity against Israel.
16. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and destroyed, and the Jews were denied access to their places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
The U.N. Record on Israel and the Arabs (up to 1990, and it hasn't gotten any better since then...)
17. Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 (55.4%) were directed against Israel.
18. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 (62.2%) were directed against Israel, including the infamous "Zionism = Racism."
19. The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
21. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians prevented Jews from visiting the holy Temple Mount and the holy Western Wall. And the U.N. is silent today as the islamic Waqf systematically destroys priceless archeological sites beneath the Temple Mount.
These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be.
What will we tell our grandchildren that each one of us did when there was a turning point in Jewish destiny, when we had an opportunity to make a difference?
START NOW -- Send this to people you know and ask them to send it to others, especially to those without the historical background which is needed to understand how the press has been distorting events. Use these facts above to send Accurate, Brief, Courteous Letters to the Editor.
We are asking you to make a secure contribution of $20.00 today, to take
your personal stand for Israel. If you can give a larger gift, that will help even
more. But whatever you can offer, you will be making a vital difference.
Please Donate Now